We are looking for an experienced and qualified Municipal Inspector to join the InnovativeNL Team! If you have what it takes we want to hear from you!
InnovativeNL Engineering and Project Management (IEPM) offers engineering and project management services to aquaculture, industrial, and municipal clients in Newfoundland and Labrador.
IEPM is currently seeking a Municipal Inspector to join our team. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter and will assist our team in delivery of projects including roadway construction, building site development, water distribution and sewer collection, water and sewer treatment and an on-going heavy civil/industrial project. Project delivery will include civil inspection services during construction.
The position will require travel to Labrador, as well as remainder of island as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, (other disciplines/experience will be considered)
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in a civil construction environment on municipal water, sewer and roads projects
- Can read and interpret civil and structural drawings
- Be familiar with a wide range of survey duties including earthwork, structural, underground piping & municipal water and sewer
- Have experience using GPS and Robotic Total Station
- Understand concrete form work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Can work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders
- Have a strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
Key responsibilities will consist of a diversity of field experience including:
- Provide site inspections on a variety of municipal projects
- Underground piping layout and as-builts
- Topographic and control surveys
- Prepare and communicate field conditions, record quantities, construction progress and developments through field notes, sketches, surveys, and photographs.
- Maintain daily construction logs and prepare progress reports.
- Review as-built data and aid in documenting as-built conditions.
Competitive salary reflective of experience and education.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence, quoting position title Municipal Inspector to firstname.lastname@example.org